Sunday, October 4, 2015

Bride of Halloween

I love Halloween so much I wish I could marry it.
Actually, it is kind of my mistress 357 days a year.
Never far from my mind, or heart.

I made this card for my niece who loves Halloween and scary stuff 
just like her Auntie Glo. And her birthday is in October so she usually
scores some cool presents. 

I colored up this fabulous Halloween Vampire Bride from Faery Ink. 
This was the very first image I purchased from Faery Ink, but not the last. 
I love how she really pops against the gray of the card.
And who wouldn't love a Halloween themed veil? If I had it to do all over
again, I'd go with a Victorian Halloween wedding. Maybe not so literal on the 
veil adornments, but still undoubtedly Halloween.

I used various die cuts like the fence, the glittery bats, and the tag
for a bit more interest. This lady could have pulled off the card by herself,
but I wanted to add more goodies. I have a ton that don't get used all
that often. Yep, a ton. At least. I'm not proud of it.    

Thanks for dropping by today.
I'll be back tomorrow with a double post. No, really. 
Feast or famine around here. 
October is the month of harvest and feasting, so eat up!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Faery Ink FB group - October Halloween Challenge




12 comments:

  1. Spoooky! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘GET YOUR “BOO” ON’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a "Bootiful" card! Love that border trim! Thanks for joining the Dies R Us October "BOO" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is fabulous! I love the way you use color and I adore this scene you have created! Your art always makes me smile, BOOtiful for sure!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing card. Fabulous Colouring. Thanks for sharing with us this month. Lisa DT Through The Purple Haze Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin this Glo. Fabulous work as always. I especially love that fence. I would be so freakin happy to receive a card like this on my birthday. Your niece is one lucky little lady :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely got your "Boo" on! So cute! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us for the "Get Your Boo On" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your niece is lucky to have her Auntie Glo. I bet that kid scores some cool gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Halloween card. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious in our "Halloween Challenge" and we hope to see you again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful Halloween card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Halloween” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (DT Crafty Friends)
    (DT Tuesday Throwdown)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely spooky card you have made here which fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month of “Halloween/something spooky”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader).

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! - love it.
    Beautiful colouring!
    Thank you for joining Through The Purple Haze challenge, Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I just love this card and that fabulously coloured image! Thank you for joining in the Ching-Chou Kuik Challenge this time. Hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Ching-Chou Kuik DT

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.